On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:03, lorenz pressler <l...@gmx.at> wrote:
> Am 30.01.2012, 17:04 Uhr, schrieb Marco Curti <mcu...@aliceposta.it>:
>
>> Maybe I've lost something, but I could not understand why we need
>> composer at track/recording level, is not the one at work level the
>> correct one?
>>
>> In my opinion composer(s) are related to works, performers to recordings
>> and other credits (like producers, art designers,...) to releases or
>> tracks in case of 'compilation' of recordings pre released in other
>> releases.
>>
>> Tryng to have some form of 'normalized' composer or performer field at
>> release (or track) level will lead for sure in truble, unless we agree
>> to use them as a form of 'mnemonic' help to name the release (or track)
>> itself, and in this case I think the better way is to use exactly the
>> form producers printed on the cover.
>

> i agree. why should i bother adding composer at work lvl if i can do it at
> release lvl?

Here is the practical problem I see with playing too much with track
ACs.  If my plays start scrobbling as "Yo Yo Ma - Sonata for cello and
piano, Op. 99" either because that's what's stored in ARTIST, or
stored in MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID, or pulled in by last.fm through their
data feed... Well, then I have a big issue with that.  Before we make
a change like this I want to know that this scenario *will not
happen*.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: d...@gasaway.org