> and i will never know or remember the difference between arena and stadium
> as
> in my language there is only one word and the reasons to distingushi them
> are both obscure to me and not related to music altogether.
> it seems that the distinction may be subjective or subject to change with
> time (based on what sport is played in it).
>
> but it will always be a VENUE. ;)

You are speaking of French, right? There are two words in French ("arène"
and "stade") which seem close to arena and stadium. But IIUC they have
completely different meanings in the two languages. In English, it seems
the difference is more about indoor versus outdoors. In French, the
difference is more about the age of the structure, "arène" would better
translate to bullring. The risk here is that French (other languages may
have the same issue) users would mistakenly translate "arène" to arena.
Maybe the label could be changed to "indoor arena" or "arena (indoor)"

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org