On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM, lixobix <arjtap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The advantage would be similar to that of having different RG types, i.e it
> would be possible to group recordings according to type. So you could have a
> list of all studio recordings, without live recordings and remixes mixed in.
> Or you could see how many remixes of an artists works there are. A free text
> box would not allow for such organisation.

Yup, I understood that part.  But my preferred way to mark a recording
as a "demo" or whatnot, is to add an attribute to the recording-of AR.
 That way, things like the following are possible:
Recording A (demo recording of) Work A
Recording B (medley containing demo recording of) Work B
Recording B (medley containing partial live recording of) Work C

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: d...@gasaway.org