On 10/29/2014 12:53 PM, caller#6 wrote:
On 10/29/2014 12:47 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

    Forgot to mention, also, that part of the idea is to get rid of
    http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Style/Specific_types_of_releases/Opera at
    the same time, since that basically only says "put as much info
    as possible on opera track titles, even if not on the release"
    which seems to mostly go against what we're moving towards with NGS.

I'm all for removing standardization on classical track titles (apart from prepending the work name as recommended in your draft). As long as all the tracks of a release use a consistent formatting, no problem.

Does that mean you disagree with standardizing the separators? (i.e. colon for parts, dot for movements)

Oh. As usual, I was misreading things.

The current draft, as I now understand it, only calls specifically for colons when the existing separator is a newline (or some other "block level" indication?). So it's in line with subtitle style.