Thank you so much for breaking this down and summarizing it.  It would be great
if we could come to some kind of agreement and get something added to the Style
Guidelines.

> We all seem to agree that:
> 1.) the CD layer of the hybrid SACD shall be represented by one medium
> (matching the DiscID of that layer)
> 2.) the DVD content shall be put into a single separate medium (if at all)
> 3.) non-audio or video content like the photo gallery shall not be included
>
> Decisions should be made concerning:
> 4.) how to add the SACD layer of the hybrid SACD:
>  a) not at all
>  b) include the tracks in the first medium (but sacrifice the option to add
> DiscIDs to it)
>  c) multichannel only (because the stereo recordings are already covered by
> the CD)
>  d) stereo + multichannel (because that's the full content of that layer)
> 5.) what to include in the DVD medium
>  a) nothing at all (single medium release with an annotation saying that
> every recording represents a certain track in various formats and that the
> DVD contains some videos and more)
>  b) the 5.1 mixes only
>  c) the 5.1 mixes and the videos (combined with option 4a to have
> everything included somewhere but no duplicate recordings across the
> release)
>  d) the stereo mixes, the 5.1 mixes and the videos (= the entire audio and
> video content)
>  e) (not sure but I might have missed other points of view here)
> 6.) how to deal with the 5.1 audio recordings
>  a) use the same recordings as for the stereo tracks
>  b) separate recordings with ETI "5.1 mix"
>  c) separate recordings with disambiguation comment "5.1 mix"
>
> My votes: 4d, 5d, 6c

My votes: 4(c or d), 5d, 6c

Note on 2: There may be a rare DualDisc with no surround or video content on
the DVD side, just higher resolution stereo.  I assume that is your "if at all"
case?

Note on 3: I don't object to the photo gallery being listed, don't really have
an opinion.

Note on 4: The purist in me says 4d, but I would not object to 4c when the
stereo recordings are the same on both CD and SACD.  And, if we go with 4d, I
have a lot of work to do as many are already done as 4c :-)

Note on 6: I believe that they should have ETI on the track list (multiple
tracks with the same name causes too much confusion) and disambiguation on the
recording itself.

--
Steve Martin