Bismillah

Assalamu Alaikum.

I've just come to learn that there is quite an influx of Somali Muslims in the
Shelbyville, Tennessee area (due to a "Google Alert" leading me to a story at
the Shelbyville Times-Gazette).

T-G journalist Brian Mosley has written a series of articles on the subject
that are quite interesting (including some of the community's comments, as you
might imagine), however, I think the series is something many of us could
expound upon perhaps in our own communities and/or through our own writing
efforts.  Of course, some may find fault or error in some of Brian's loosely
interpreted (for the benefit of non-Muslim readers) understanding of matters
pertaining to Islam - but overall, he is making a commendable effort at
bridging the gap in his community.

Nice work Brian.

Ma'Salaama,

`Aishah Schwartz
Founder & Director
Muslimah Writers Alliance
Washington, D.C. and
Alexandria, Egypt

Brian's Mosley's Series of Articles:
The Bantu: A Closer Look
December 22, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299488.html

Somali Refugees Find A Haven in Shelbyville
December 22, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299489.html

Local Services Adapt to Serve Somalis
December 24, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299651.html

Finding the Truth About the Somalis
December 26, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299777.html

Mosque is Focus for Somali Worship
December 26, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299651.html

Cultural Differences Hinder Understanding
December 26, 2007
http://www.t-g.com/story/1299778.html