As Salaam o Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barkatuh!

A`uzu billahis Samee`il`Aleem,
minash shaytanir rajeem!
Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem!

Wa Salaatu wa Salaam
`alaa Rasulullah-
Salallahu `Alayhi wa Sallam



Shaytaan makes false promises and arouses high hopes



  
'He (Shaytan) makes promises to them, and arouses in them false  desires; and 
Shaytan's promises are nothing but deceptions.' [Soorah an-Nisa  (4): 120]
 
 On the Day of the battle of Badr, Shaytan came to the disbelievers in the form 
 of Suraqah ibn Malik and promised them victory, power, glory and dominion. He  
started with planting pride in their hearts by telling them that they are the  
most powerful and they will be victorious over the Muslims, who were less in  
number. He beautified their strength for them and gave them a hope of victory  
and promised to fight the Muslims alongside them, 'And (remember) when Shaytan  
made their (evil) deeds seem fair to them and said, 'No one of mankind can  
overcome you this day (of the battle of Badr)' 
 
 The Mushrikeen, thus, set out to fight the Muslims with pride in their hearts  
and reliance upon Shaytan. 'But when the two forces came in sight of each 
other,  he ran away and said, 'Verily, I have nothing to do with you. Verily! I 
see what  you see not. Verily! I fear Allah for Allah is Severe in punishment.' 
[Soorah  al-Anfal (8): 48] 
 

~ An interesting story of Shaytan's false promises and his deceit is narrated 
from  the People of the Book and is reported by Ibn Jareer in the Tafseer of 
Soorah  al-Hashr, we quote it here to learn some lessons from it. 
 
 There was a worshiper among the Children of Israel, who worshipped Allah for  
sixty years. Shaytan tried his best to mislead this man but he could not. He  
tried his trick on one woman and made her mad. He then advised her brothers to  
take her to the priest for a possible cure. The brothers agreed and by Allah's  
Permission, the priest was able to cure the woman's madness. One day while the  
priest was with her, Shaytan beautified and adorned this woman in his eyes, and 
 prompted evil thoughts in the mind of the priest, which lead to his committing 
 adultery with her. The woman became pregnant, and out of fear he killed her  
(this again was due to Shaytan's advice)... 

When the brothers came to know this,  they decided to kill him, and at that 
moment Shaytan appeared to the priest and  told him that he was in reality, who 
plotted all this against him, and nobody  could rescue him from it except him. 
He told him that if the priest prostrated  to him just once, he would rescue 
him, and when the priest prostrated, Shaytan  freed himself from him and ran 
away, and the priest was killed and died in a  state of disbelief for 
prostrating to other than Allah.

 Allah says in Soorah  al-Hashr (59): 16, 'Like Shaytan, when he says to man, 
'Disbelieve in Allah.'  But when (man) disbelieves in Allah, Shaytan says, 'I 
am free of you, I fear  Allah, the Lord of the Alameen (mankind, jinn and all 
that exists)!' 
 
 On the Day of Judgment, after Shaytan will have drowned his followers and  
betrayed his promises, he will drag his followers to Hell-fire and reveal unto  
them the truth from which the Qur'aan had warned them against. He will address  
them and declare his deceptive promises,

 'And Shaytan will say when the matter  has been decided, 'Verily, Allah 
promised you a promise of truth. And I too  promised you, but I betrayed you. I 
had no authority over you except that I  called you, and you responded to me. 
So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I  cannot help you, nor can you help me. 
I deny your former act in associating me  as a partner with Allah (by obeying 
me in the life of the world). Verily, there  is a painful torment for the 
Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers).' [Soorah  Ibraheem (14): 22]


Taken from As-Sunnah Newsletter - http://www.qsep.com
As-Sunnah Vol. 2 Issue No. 11




Quranic Dua

English Transliteration 


 "Rabbi a'uzubika min hamazatish Shaytaane
 Wa a'uzubika Rabbi  anyehzuroon"
(Quran surah 23:Ayah 97-98)


 English Translation


     And pray: 'My Lord! I seek your refuge from the suggestions of the evil 
ones; I even seek Your refuge, my Lord, lest they should approach me.'
(23:97-98) 

 
 (Aameen)


Wassalamu Alaykum Wr Wb,
 Your sister and well wisher in Islam,
Umme Safoora 

  
   
Click to join Precious_Teachings_Of_Islam





 
       
---------------------------------
Never miss a thing.   Make Yahoo your homepage.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to