'I have evidence of RSS and VHP MAKING BOMBS': Digvijay Singh
 
Courtesy: Tehelka, Monday, 18 August 2008:
 
http://www.sahilonline.org/english/news.php?catID=nationalnews&nid=3108&viewed=0
 
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh attacks the BJP just like Sushma Swaraj 
attacked the Congress. 'Investigate the timings of the blasts', he tells "You 
have made a statement that serial blasts take place in the country only when 
the BJP is in trouble."

What I have said is that the timing of the bomb blasts is quite uncanny. Why 
does it always happen when the BJP is in trouble? That needs investigation. I 
am not charging anyone.

What do you mean when you say the BJP is in trouble. When the TEHELKA issue was 
to be discussed in Parliament, the House was adjourned for three days. Then 
when the expose was to be discussed, the Parliament attack took place. When the 
Godhra incident took place, Congress was doing exceedingly well in the local 
body elections and Narendra Modi had won by only 6,000 votes as a chief 
minister and that too with great difficulty. During the recent Karnataka 
election, there was a bomb blast in Hubli on the very first day of polling. 
Similarly, two days before the polling in the second phase in Karnataka 
elections, there was a bomb blast in Jaipur. It really needs an investigation.

Is your statement a response to Sushma Swaraj's accusation against the Centre?

No, there is no question of that. I have been citing these instances about the 
blasts for a long time.

But Sushma Swaraj was criticised by the Congress ... Sushma Swaraj alleged that 
the Congress is involved directly. I have not said that. And does she have any 
facts?

I have facts of RSS, VHP making bombs.

Do you have evidences to prove that BJP, VHP and RSS is involved in making 
bombs.

Yes. In fact, in 1992 there was a bomb blast in the VHP office in Madhya 
Pradesh, where one VHP member died and two were injured while making bombs. 
Then in 2002, there was a bomb blast in a temple in Mhow. When the police 
arrested the VHP activists after investigation, they confessed that they were 
even given training to manufacture bombs. I have a videocassette of that 
confession. Again, in 2006, in Nanded, there was a bomb blast in the house of a 
RSS activist where two RSS activists died. After that in March 2008, there were 
bomb blasts at two places in Tamil Nadu. Then too VHP activists were arrested 
by the Tamil Nadu police who confessed that they were involved. And how did the 
Gujarat police suddenly find eighteen bombs planted on trees in Surat?

So are you saying that the BJP is behind the recent serial blasts?

No, I am not saying anything. All that I am saying is that the timing is 
uncanny. RSS, VHP activists have been caught making bombs, material for 
preparing bombs have been found at their office and there are three-four clear 
cases where they have been arrested and a case has been registered. Why isn't 
anyone looking into this?.

Shouldn't all parties unite against terrorism?

Absolutely, but when you target only Muslims, it's not correct.

Then why is the blame-game still on?

It is on because we have evidence to say that people who talk about nationalism 
and nationalist feelings should not be involved in making bombs. The BJP 
believes in divisive politics. They cannot survive without dividing Hindus and 
Muslims. Each time something happens, they come back to Hindutva.


      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to