In the name of Allah, the Most-Merciful, the All-Compassionate

"May the Peace and
Blessings of Allah be Upon You"

Praise be to Allaah, we seek His help and His forgiveness. We
seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own souls and from our bad
deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides will never be led astray, and whomsoever Allaah
leaves astray, no one can guide. I bear witness that there is no god but
Allaah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and
Messenger.

Bismillah
Walhamdulillah Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah
As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

Bidah and Innovations in the month of Rajab

Innovation in religion is one of the serious matters which go
against the Book of Allaah and the Sunnah.

The Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam did not die until after the
religion had been perfected.

Allaah says which means: “…This
day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon
you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion…”
(al-Maaidah: 3)

It was reported that Aaisha, may Allaah be pleased with her, narrated
that the Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu alaihi wasallam said: “Whoever
innovates something in this
matter of ours which is not a part of it, will have it rejected.” (Bukhaari &
Muslim).

________________________________

Beware of False Sms/Emails which tells you that if you are the first
person to wish "Rajab" then you will enter paradise....
Do not forward such messages.

________________________________

Some people have innovated a
number of practices in Rajab, including the following:

   1. Salaat al-Raghaaib.

This prayer became widespread after the first and best centuries after
the death of the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam, especially in the
fourth century AH. Some liars fabricated this prayer, which is done on
the first night of Rajab.

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, may Allaah have mercy on him, said: Salaat
al-Raghaaib is bid’ah according to the consensus of the scholars of
religion, such as Maalik, al-Shaafai, Abu Haneefah, al-Thawri,
al-Oozaai, al-Layth and others. The hadeeth that is narrated concerning
it is a lie according to the consensus of the scholars who have
knowledge of hadeeth.

   2. It is said to have been reported that major events happened in the month
of Rajab, but none of these reports are true. It was reported
that the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam was born on the first night of
Rajab, and that he received his Mission on the twenty-seventh, or
twenty-fifth of this month. None of this is correct.

It was reported with a chain of narrators that is NOT authentic from
Al-Qaasim Ibn Muhammad that the Prophets Night Journey (al-Israa) took
place on the twenty-seventh of Rajab.

This was denied by Ibraaheem Al-Harbi and others. One of the innovations that
take place during this month is the recitation of the story of the Miraaj, and
celebrations to commemorate it on the twenty-seventh of
Rajab, or singling out this night to perform extra acts of worship such
as prayer during the night or fasting during the day, or rejoicing and
celebrating.

Some celebrations are accompanied by haraam activities such as mixing of men
and women, singing and music, etc. all of which are not permitted
even on the two Eids which are prescribed in Islam, let alone innovated
celebrations.

Added to that is the fact that there is no proof that the Israa and
Miraaj happened on this date. Even if it were proven, that is no excuse
for holding celebrations on this date, because nothing of the kind has
been reported from the Prophet sallallaahu alaihi wasallam or from his
companions, may Allaah be pleased with them, or from any of the Salaf
(early generations) of this nation. If it were a good thing, they would
surely have done it before us. May Allaah help us.

   3. Salaat Umm Dawood halfway through Rajab.

   4. The duaas which are recited specifically during Rajab are all
fabrications and innovations.

   5. Specifying the visiting of graves to the month of Rajab is bidah,
because graves are to be visited at any time of the year with no
exceptions.

Watch

41:25

 Permission is granted to circulate among private individuals and groups, to
post
on Internet sites and to publish in full text and subject title in
not-for-profit publications.