Its been observed that most of us write "MOSQUE" for "Masjid" and even calling
it as Mosque in daily routine, what elders and teachers say that the word
"MOSQUE" means the house of mosquitoes not Masjid. So better be careful next
time instead of writing mosque, u can write MASJID it doesn't matter. Most we
have seen the spelling of MAKKAH as MECCA. the word MECCA means "Sharab
Khaana/(whisky house).So let all of us  careful of writing MECCA. Many people,
whose names start with MUHAMMAD, write in a short form as "Mohd". This "Mohd"
means "A dog which has a big mouth". Guys please forward this message to
Muslimbrothers& Sisters as possible.

________________________________

Here are some specifics vis-a-vis the above claims:

1.Quote: <<< "Its been observed that most of us write "MOSQUE" for "Masjid" and
even calling it as Mosque in daily routine, what elders and teachers say that
the word "MOSQUE" means the house of mosquitoes not Masjid, - unquote.>>>

The wordMosque from the French means mosquee - from old Frenchmousquaie, from
old Italianmoschea ormoscheta, from old Spanishmezquita, from Arabicmasjid, has
nothing whatsoever to do with the origin of Mosquito(Spanish and Portuguese
diminutive ofmosca, and Latinmusca, meaningfly - as in the insect. A more
interesting derivative of the same root is 'musket', the weapons from which
ammoflies out! In fact the 'shot' emanating from the musket shares more
characteristics with the insect: it flies, buzzes, and stings!).
Incidentally,Mosquito is also the name of an American Indian tribe.

Please read the following information answered by the Scientific Research
Committee - IslamToday.net
http://www.islamtoday.com/fat_archives/show_detail...cfm?q_id=676&main_cat_id=20

Etymology of the English word 'mosque'

Question: There is a book written by a Muslim revert, Yahiya Emerick entitled
"The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Understanding Islam." The author discusses
within it many things, including the etymology of the word “mosque”. He wrote
that this word is derived from the Spanish word for "mosquito". He claimed that
the word was first used during the Christian invasion of Muslim Spain in the
15th century when the forces of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella boasted they
would swat out Muslim prayer houses like so many mosquitoes. Is this true?

Answer:

This etymology is incorrect.

The Spanish word for "mosquito" is mosquito and literally means "little fly".
This is a case where the English language borrowed the word directly from the
Spanish.

The word for "fly" in Spanish is mosca, which is derived from the Latin musca.
The diminutive suffix "-ito" is attached to it to form the word mosquito or
"little fly".

The Spanish term for "mosque" is mezquita, derived from the old Spanish
mesquita. This word was most certainly derived from the Arabic word masjid,
which many Arabs then and now pronounce as masgid.

In Spain during the era of Muslim rule - and this was before the time of King
Ferdinand - Spanish speakers were using the word mosquito for the insect and
the word mesquita for the Muslim place of worship. The two words are not
related to one another in any way.

The word "mosque" was introduced into the English language in the late 14th or
early 15th century from the French. It comes from the French word mosque, from
the old French word mousquaie. The French, in turn, derived the word from the
Italian word moschea from moscheta. The Italians got it either directly from
the Arabic word masjid or from the old Spanish mesquita. - Unquote.