--- On Wed, 11/18/09, mohammed bawany <zaheerbaw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: mohammed bawany <zaheerbaw...@yahoo.com>
Subject: A STUDY OF HADITH BY DR. KHALID MAHMOOD SHAIKH- Page(s) 8/9/10
Date: Wednesday, November 18, 2009, 2:38 PM

A  STUDY  OF  HADITH - JUNIOR LELEL + GENERAL
BY DR.KHALID MAHMOOD SHAIKH
Courtesy: IQRA’ Intl Education Foundation
Coustesy: Shujauddin Shaikh : Thanks for the BOOK
Computer supervision : Engg. Syed Ahmed Masood Ali
Page 8./9 & 10         Chapter 2
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE AHADITH IN THE
LIGHT OF QUR’AN

Allah s.w.t sent His Messengers and Prophets from time to time to guide
humankind.  This long line of Prophets and Messengers finally ended with the
coming of the Last and the Final Prophet, Muhammad pbuh. He was given the Final
Revelation, the Qur’an for the guidance of humanity for all time to come.  He
was sent with a complete and perfect Message, Islam.  This Divine Guidance for
huminity will last until the Day of Judgment.

This Divine Guidance sent through Rasulullah pbuh consists of two parts:

1)      The Qur’an, the Divinely Revealed Book; it is the actual word of Allah
s.w.t  both in its language and in the finality and truthfulness of its messege.
2)      The Sunnah of Rasulullah pbuh or ‘Ahadith’ are his sayings, percepts,
teachings and actions which explained the Qur’an and further completed its
message.
The Qur’an was not revealed to Rasulullah pbuh, all at once. It came down
gradually over a period of twenty-three years. It was revealed in small
portions, as need arose to help people to understand, memorize and apply its
teachings.
Page: 9:
The role of Rasulullah pbuh, as Allah’s Messenger was to explain, interpret,
and actually live its teachings.  His life is the Qur’an in practice.

Rasulullah pbuh not only received the Qur’an, he was also its most authentic
interpreter and teacher.  He received from Allah s.w.t , both the words of
Message  as well as their meanings. The Quran explains:

It is then We Who must explain It (The Qur’an) and make it clear ( Al-Qiyamah
75/19)
The role of Rasulullah pbuh was to explain its meanings to others:

“We revealed to yo the Reminder (The Qur’an), so yo may explain to humankind
what was sent to them, so that they may meditate and reflect upon it” (An-Nahl
16/44)

Page: 10

“Just as when We sent a Messenge to you from among yourselves to recite to you
Our Signs, purify your livesand teach you the Book and al-Hikmah (the Wisdom)
and to teach you what you did not know” (Al-Baqarah 2/151)

The Ahadith and Sunnah are also Divinely Inspired and therefore must be
followed by Believers.  The Qur’anic description for Sunnah is al-Hikmah, the
Wisdom. The Quran says that Allah s.w.t, ordered Rasulullah pbuh to teach both:
the Book (Kitab) and Wisdom (Hikmah). Therefore it is now known with the
agreement of the ‘Ulama’ that the Ahadith are “the record of the Sunnah” which
is Divinely inspired and guided.

“