On 02/17/2017 01:42 AM, Glen Larsen wrote:
Interesting. Searching is pretty snappy, case insensitive, but doesn't
ignore diacritical marks. The load time is comfortable for 627 entries
and it would be interesting to see how load times would be for larger
Maybe, if I can find the time, I might be able to set up a test case
with the whole mutopia library as records to test larger numbers.
This is a client-side index so index build performance is also
dependent on the client side processor, OS, and memory.
Yes, although it is possible to pre-compute the index(es) and download
it(them) alongside the data itself. So a question of a trade-off
between downloading time and processing time after download.
To do advanced search I think we might need an index for each field (so
a composer index, an instrument index, etc.) to be able to query those
fields individually. On the Clairnote site I just have one index with
everything in it and everything is searched.
Here is an interesting anomaly: I searched on the year 1832 and got 2
hits, one of them being year of "Wolfgang Goethe (1749-1832)". When I
search on the birth year (1749) I get 3 hits. As I wrote this and went
back and forth with it I noticed that it is likely being affected by
the unicode character "–" (u+0336) --- 1749-1832 versus 1749–1832---
but I'm not sure why.
I wonder how complicated it would be to normalize strings (ignore
Good question. Maybe in the code that creates the index you could
normalize the index entries as the index is created. Should be doable I
Mutopia-discuss mailing list