#3887: Spool file name beginning with $folder is truncated in sidebar
 Reporter:  mjbrown  |      Owner:  mutt-dev
     Type:  defect   |     Status:  new
 If the $spoolfile is ~/Mailbox (which is the qmail default spool), and
 $folder is the default ~/Mail, then the spool file shows up in the sidebar
 as just "ox".  I would expect to instead see "Mailbox" or the whole $MAIL
 string "/home/username/Mailbox".

 I can work around it by making a symlink to ~/Mail and then setting
 $folder to that symlink in my .muttrc. This results in the spool file
 showing up in the sidebar as whatever the full $MAIL string is, in my case
 "/home/mike/Mailbox". I would prefer "Mailbox" or the ability to give it a
 label like "INBOX", but the full path is short enough for me for now.

 This issue does not affect files in the $folder directory, e.g.
 ~/Mail/Mailtest will show in the sidebar as "Mailtest". Only the display
 of the spool file is affected.

 I am using Mutt 1.7.0 (2016-08-17) on FreeBSD, from the ports collection.
 Let me know if more info is needed.

Ticket URL: <https://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/3887>
Mutt <http://www.mutt.org/>
The Mutt mail user agent