On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 07:42:19AM +0200, Petr Pisar wrote:
I can see that mutt can already use Berkely DB, GDBM, lmdb or qdbm for caching headers. Wouldn't be possible to use one of them for autocrypt key storage?

I did consider that, but the implementation uses more than simple key-value storage capability, and I anticipated the need for more flexibility than those engines (as a common denominator) provide.

With the header cache, when we make changes to Mutt data structures, the whole cache is invalidated. A SQL database gives us the ability to version the schema and modify the tables without losing data.

Or maybe vice versa implement header caching using sqlite3. Some people get nervous when they see a program links to multiple libraries of the same class of use. People packaging software do not like it. An abundance of dependencies increases a maintanance cost.

This seems possible. I wonder how the performance would compare. I'll put it on my todo list, but not for this cycle.

--
Kevin J. McCarthy