Kevin J. McCarthy wrote in
<20200211183132.ge23...@afu.lan>:
 |On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 06:46:32PM +0100, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |>Gerry O'Brien wrote in
 |><69f8180c-40de-b7b5-880b-0f0e9f998...@scss.tcd.ie>:
 |>> Do you have any plans to make mutt compatible with Microsoft's
 |>>Exchange Online after they discontinue support for IMAP
 |>>https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/end-of-support-for-ba\
 |>>\
 |>>sic-authentication-access-to-exchange-online-apis-for-office-365-custome\
 |>>\
 |>>rs.
 |>I wonder whether they won't adapt the new, standardized JMAP
 |>protocol, which will finally cover much more than just "I"MAP, but
 |>also calenders etc.  And if it is for interoperability, and maybe
 |>the possibility to use open source software instead of putting
 |>development power into their own stuff.  I think JMAP is the
 |>future, and i would almost bet: also for Microsoft.
 |
 |I've been aware of JMAP for a while, but haven't taken a serious look at
 |it yet.  Is usage becoming widespread outside of Fastmail yet?

I think Cyrus comes with JMAP support (for mail), i have seen
cyrus-jmap message IDs flying by on a FreeBSD list already.
I do not now whether this is already shipout, or release-candidate
or something, though.  But quite some time already.
(The standard for the mail side is RFC 8621 from August 2019.)

--steffen