On 2020-04-22 14:45:35 +0200, Claus Assmann wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 27, 2014, Claus Assmann wrote:
> > When replying to an address that used an utf-8 encoded name, e.g.,
> >
> > From: =?utf-8?B?U2VuZGVyIFfDpGNoCg==?= <sen...@example.com>
> >
> > mutt turned this into
> >
> > To: Sender =?utf-8?B?V8OkY2g/IDxzZW5kZXJAZXhhbXBsZS5jb20+?=
> > instead of
> > To: Sender =?utf-8?B?V8OkY2g/?= <sen...@example.com>
>
> This is causing me significant problems again... any chance to get
> this fixed?

I don't have any issue (the generated encoding is not the same here,
but it seems correct).

> Or any "hack" to work around the problem?

This may be related to the configuration.

> > BTW: I use --enable-exact-address as otherwise mutt shows addresses
> > in a "nice" format that doesn't match reality and caused me grief
> > several times when I copied those addresses into a filter ... and
> > nothing was filtered...

I don't use --enable-exact-address, but I don't see how this can
be related here. The manual says:

   Mutt supports the "Name <user@host>" address syntax for reading and
   writing messages, the older "user@host (Name)" syntax is only
   supported when reading messages. The --enable-exact-address switch can
   be given to configure to build it with write-support for the latter
   syntax. EXACT_ADDRESS in the output of mutt -v indicates whether it's
   supported.

but your example does not use this old syntax.

Are there still users who use this old syntax???

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>