At 09:39 -0700 08 Sep 2021, "Kevin J. McCarthy" <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 09:09:03AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
On Wed, Sep 08, 2021 at 03:56:56AM -0700, Kevin J. McCarthy wrote:
To trigger the QRESYNC failure, delete some messages in the mailbox using mutt. Sync and exit the mailbox, wait till there are more new messages in that mailbox and reopen using mutt.

In the little bit of testing I was able to do after enabling ASAN, it had seemed that it was actually crashing as I left the mailbox after deleting rather than needing to return to it. But, I'd wanted to do a bit more to isolate the problem before reporting that.

I was able to trigger the crash, and I've figured out the problem. I'll push a commit to a branch for testing later on today.

I've pushed several commits to branch 'kevin/stable-fixes'. As the branch says, it's based on 'stable' and so doesn't have the thread changes in master.

However, I've also pushed up a branch 'kevin/master-stable-fixes-rebase-test' that has those commits merged in to master.

I need to clean things up and test more, but would appreciate if you would test it too.

I've done a bit of testing with that and ASAN already, and haven't had any crashes even when doing things that seemed to reliably cause crashes with ASAN before those fixes. I'll continue using that build for awhile, although I'll likely want to disable ASAN at some point.

Thank you.

Thank you for the prompt fix.