On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 02:53:27PM +0200, Magnus Groß wrote:
> The thing is that even according to your definition, mutt is
> behaving incorrectly: The outgoing message saved via "record" is
> **not** a newly received message.

Yes, it is.  Which is to say, when you place a message in a mail
folder that was not there before, this is precisely the mechanism of
delivering mail to that folder, and is indistinguishable from mail
delivery.  If your MUA scans for new mail and finds messages it hasn't
indexed yet, it's effectively new mail--regardless of how it got
there.

> Could you point me in the right direction how to best solve this
> problem?  Maybe we would need to track messages that we save via
> "record", but maybe there is an easier fix.

You're essentially treating your own messages like new mail by saving
them to your incoming mail folders.  The record is not really meant to
be used that way, although people do it, to keep the thread intact in
their mail folder.

Solution: don't do that.  I get why you want to, but... you cannot
have everything.

-=-=-=-=-