Hi;

here is the data of two mutt crashes today (had some more, so these
are just exemplarily. :-)

(I was told to post it here, because mutt-dev is a closed list...)

P.S.: ~/.mutt/config.tcsh is sourced in my .tcshrc...

        Regards, Axel
--
Axel Beckert - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://w5.cs.uni-sb.de/~abe/
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Saarland (Germany)

--- Crash data follows ---

--- 1st crash ---
mutt crash Feb 4 1999 23:57 (CET)
on fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de (SunOS fsinfo 4.1.3 1 sun4c unknown)

25/0 abe@fsinfo:ttyp8 [~] > /usr/local/test/bin/mutt -v
Mutt 0.95.1i (1999-01-04)
Copyright (C) 1996-8 Michael R. Elkins and others.
Mutt comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `mutt -vv'.
Mutt is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; type `mutt -vv' for details.

System: SunOS 4.1.3 [using slang 10202]
Compile options:
-DOMAIN
-HOMESPOOL  -USE_SETGID  +USE_DOTLOCK  +USE_FCNTL  +USE_FLOCK
+USE_IMAP  +USE_POP  -HAVE_REGCOMP  +USE_GNU_RX  +HAVE_COLOR  +HAVE_PGP2  -BUFFY_SIZE
-EXACT_ADDRESS  +ENABLE_NLS
SENDMAIL="/usr/lib/sendmail"
MAILPATH="/var/spool/mail"
SHAREDIR="/usr/local/test/share/mutt"
SYSCONFDIR="/usr/local/test/etc"
ISPELL="/usr/local/bin/ispell"
_PGPPATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
_PGPV2PATH="/usr/local/bin/pgp"
To contact the developers, please mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

29/0 abe@fsinfo:ttyp8 [~] > gdb /usr/local/test/bin/mutt ./core
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3"...(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `mutt'.
Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/libslang.so.1.2.2...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1.9...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
#0  0x76780 in rx_state_possible_futures ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x76780 in rx_state_possible_futures ()
#1  0x6dd44 in rx_start_superstate ()
#2  0x6edc0 in rx_make_solutions ()
#3  0x6ea24 in rx_basic_make_solutions ()
#4  0x66ed0 in rx_regmatch ()
#5  0x67224 in rx_regexec ()
#6  0x67570 in regnexec ()
#7  0x67728 in regexec ()
#8  0x43680 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#9  0x43b84 in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#10 0x435a8 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#11 0x43960 in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#12 0x435f8 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#13 0x4397c in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#14 0x2aaf4 in mutt_send_hook ()
#15 0x2ab80 in mutt_default_save ()
#16 0xbbf8 in mutt_save_message ()
#17 0x16484 in mutt_index_menu ()
#18 0x2fc8c in main ()
(gdb)

What I've done before the crash:

Changed to folder =-kino with 4 mails. Tagged the 2 read messages via
tag-thread (Esc-t). mutt crashed when doing a tag-save (;s). Folder
attached. (No problems with privacy, these are some mails about going
to cinema... :-)

--- 2nd crash ---
mutt crash Feb 5 1999 00:33 (CET)
(All data missing here is identical to the above case)

31/138 abe@fsinfo:ttyp8 [~] > gdb /usr/local/test/bin/mutt ./core
GNU gdb 4.17
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3"...(no debugging symbols found)...
Core was generated by `mutt'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus error.
#0  0x6dd00 in rx_start_superstate ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6dd00 in rx_start_superstate ()
#1  0x6edc0 in rx_make_solutions ()
#2  0x6ea24 in rx_basic_make_solutions ()
#3  0x66ed0 in rx_regmatch ()
#4  0x67224 in rx_regexec ()
#5  0x67570 in regnexec ()
#6  0x67728 in regexec ()
#7  0x43680 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#8  0x43d04 in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#9  0x435a8 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#10 0x43960 in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#11 0x435f8 in mutt_pattern_comp ()
#12 0x4397c in mutt_pattern_exec ()
#13 0x2aaf4 in mutt_send_hook ()
#14 0x2ac9c in mutt_select_fcc ()
#15 0x4fd00 in ci_send_message ()
#16 0x18154 in mutt_index_menu ()
#17 0x2fc8c in main ()
(gdb)

What I've done before the crash:

Wrote a mail to mutt-users via emacsclient. mutt directly crashed
after emacsclient exited. The following mail was in
/tmp/mutt-fsinfo-25724-9: