On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 07:29:40PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 05:46:08PM +0100, Vladimir Sizikov wrote:
> > On Feb 05, Chris Green wrote:
> > > Having put:-
> > >     set mbox_type=Maildir
> > > in the .muttrc, what else do I need?  I.e. do I need to specify where
> > > the Maildir directory is with a set of some sort and if I use a set
> > > folder will mutt create maildirs in that directory?
> >
> > Variable "folder" specifies the default
> > location of your mailboxes (it's ~/Mail by default)
> >
> Thanks, just what I needed to know.  I seem to have most of this
> working now with qmail.  My other queries are really qmail related but
> still, someone here may be able to help...
>
> 1 - Can qmail only deliver to ~/Maildir?  I.e. is that directory name
>     and location cast in stone?  I can't find anything about changing
>     it in the qmail documantation.

You can put delivery instructions in ~/.qmail (see man dot-qmail for more info).
Also, in /var/qmail/rc, the default delivery is specified.

> 2 - Are there any special permission requirements on Maildir
>     directories?  My mail to ordinary users is working fine but I
>     can't get delivery for postmaster, root, etc. working.

That is correct. qmail will NEVER deliver to root. You should create a .qmail-root
file in /var/qmail/alias (or wherever user alias lives with your particular qmail
RPM).

> If anyone here knows about qmail maybe we can take this off the list
> as it is rather off topic.

Well if you have more questions just mail me privately.. the stuff in this message
should be of some general interest :)

Greetz, Peter.
--
.| Peter van Dijk