Hi,

On Feb 19, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> OK, I've just been wading through fetchmail's NEWS file.  Note the
> last item of this entry which may be alluding to the problem we are
> discussing here.
>
> fetchmail-4.4.7 (Sat May 23 08:26:58 EDT 1998):
> * Mimedecode default turned off pending a fix for the PGP-signature-
>   munging bug.

That's it!
I use fetchmail-4.4.7, but mimedecode is _ON_ by default!!
Sigh...

So, "no mimedecode" addition to .fetchmailrc fixes this problem.

Thomas, thanks! =)
Actually, I thought that the problem is somewere in the Internet,
not in my setup =)

---------- Output from "fetchmail --version" --
Options for retrieving from ***:
True name of server is ***.
Protocol is POP3.
Server nonresponse timeout is 300 seconds (default).
Default mailbox selected.
Only new messages will be retrieved (--all off).
Fetched messages will not be kept on the server (--keep off).
Old messages will not be flushed before message retrieval (--flush off).
Rewrite of server-local addresses is enabled (--norewrite off).
Carriage-return stripping is disabled (stripcr off).
Carriage-return forcing is disabled (forcecr off).
Interpretation of Content-Transfer-Encoding is disabled (pass8bits on).
MIME decoding is enabled (mimedecode on).  <------ !!!!!!!!
Nonempty Status lines will be kept (dropstatus off)
Messages will be SMTP-forwarded to: localhost (default)
Recognized listener spam block responses are: 571 550 501
Single-drop mode: 1 local name(s) recognized.
No UIDs saved from this host.

Regards,
                 --Vladimir