On Mon, May 31, 1999 at 13:32:34 -0400, Rob Reid wrote:
> At  5:39 AM EDT on May 31 Byrial Jensen sent off:
> > If you like, I could make a patch for you with a new $reply_weed
> > configuration variable -- it would only take a few minutes.
>
> Maybe it'd be easier to set editor to something like
>
>   sed "magic for deleting unwanted header lines" | your_regular_editor

It depends on who you are. It is easier for me to patch mutt than
to make a sed scrict. All the necessary source code exists, you
just need to change the flags passed from include_reply() to
mutt_copy_message().

But yes, anyone less familiar with mutt's source than me might
prefer to do the thing by so other means (sed, perl, editor
macros or whatever he is familiar with).

--
Byrial