Dennis --

...and then Dark Man said...
%     I've got a real quick question.. How to I change the reply character
% from ">" to ":" with in Mutt. I'm not to clear on how to do so.. Let me know
% if what I've placed below is correct..
%
% "^([ \t]*[>|#:}])+"  (change to)  "^([ \t]*[:|#:}])+"

That looks about like a reply_regexp, which lets mutt recognize
various ways other people quote (or "indent", as you'll notice below)
old text when composing a reply.

%
% And do I place this in the .muttrc file? Thanks for your help..

While you certainly might want to modify the regexp, you want
something like

        set indent_string=":"

in your .muttrc for the answer to this question.

%
% Dark-MaCHiNE (Dennis)
%

:-D
--
David Thorburn-Gundlach         * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature

  • Reply Anonymous
    • David Thorburn-Gundlach