[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried this too. mutt does not give a command line as far as I can
> see.

Very well, try this:

Create a script called ~/sendmail-script, like so:

    #!/bin/sh
    exec >$HOME/sendmail.log 2>&1
    set -x
    "$@"

Make it executable, then in Mutt:

    set sendmail="~/sendmail-script /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -oem"

This should run sendmail and capture the error output (as well as the
command line) in the sendmail.log file.  Then you can examine the file
and see what the problem is.

If what I've posted above doesn't work for you, please fiddle with it
and try to get it working, rather than simply post "it didn't work, now
what?"  Without some debugging on your side, it's going to be very
difficult for us to help you.  :)

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not