J Horacio MG [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Jeremy Blosser dixit:
> > I get the impression, though, that a lot of "the faithful" don't read /.
> > much since the s/n ratio got so bad.  Most of the comments seem to be
> > newbies.  The informal survey of mail headers done a while back by someone
> > on this list may be more telling of use among Mutt's "target" user base.
>
> Uh, we do, and even crashed netscape when I tried a second time (just to
> check if I had done it right the first time, of course).

Er, I didn't mean *only* newbies read it... no offense intended ;)  Just
that this prolly isn't a representative sampling from the group of people
that would be expected to use Mutt.

> Notice though, that netscape was by far the widiest voted mailreader.
> That's surely due to mutt being command line based.

Pine's in the lead right now, but most of the comments for it seem to be
along the lines of "it does everything", which isn't a Mutt design goal --
though a lot of the specific things Pine does that they are mentioning are
things Mutt handles just fine.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature