Hello...

I installed Mutt this morning and am having a conflict with Exim, my MTA.

Basically, Exim is almost a straight-forward sendmail drop-in replacement,
compatible with almost every standard argument.

When sending a message, I get the following:

exim abandoned: unknown, malformed, or incomplete option --
Error sending message, child exited 1 ().

I looked in my .muttrc at the sendmail settings and tried half a dozen
alterations to it, to no avail...same error.

Finally I took to invoking exim by hand with the same flags as the default
sendmail entry in .muttrc ...it works with no problem by hand.  The PROBLEM
is that mutt is somehow (someWHY) invoking sendmail/exim with the actual
argument "--"  ...And that's what exim is puking on.  I can reproduce the
exact error message above manually just feeding `exim --` at a shell prompt
(or sendmail --  ...it's a symlink).

I checked roughly through the source for sendlib.c and couldn't seem to
find any place where it would be doing this internally.  It's NOT in the
config file I'm using...so it must be internal.  Can someone please point
out a solution, or at least where in the source this is happening?

Advice, anyone?

TIA...

mark->
--
Fairlight->   |||        [EMAIL PROTECTED]          | Fairlight Consulting
  __/\__      ||| "I'm talking for free...           | http://www.fairlite.com