Alex Lane [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Recently, Jeremy Blosser ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> > Vim will do this nicely, using the 'gq' command.  Its behaviour is very
> > customisable, but I'm mostly using the defaults and it does just what you
> > want.
> >

> Am I missing something here? I thought 'g' and 'q' both are undefined
> in vim (in the 'out-of-the-box' state). At least that's true in my
> version.

No... q is by default used for recording, and g is used to preface a whole
slew of commands (known in the manual as 'commands that start with g').
See

:help g
:help q
:help gq

I'm currently running the latest and greatest (5.4), but this has all been
true for some time now I believe.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature