Erik Jacobsen [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> Thanks, these are good things. Seems like the .txt and .txt.gz links point
> to the same (ungzipped) text file, though...

This is a feature of your browser.  It's gunzipping the file as it
downloads it.  To just download it, use your browser's mechanism for
directly saving a link (right click in most netscapes, 'd' in lynx, etc).

> One other thought: am I the only one out there who likes "text" and/or
> ".txt" files to mean "plain text" (i.e., with ASCII codes >= 0x20, except
> for whitespace encodings)?

I suppose I should jerk these on the web page, since the browsers won't
render them correctly.  And part of the reason for having it there is a
quick and dirty way to search the manual.

It's fixed now... the manual.txt has been through "col -b", but I'm leaving
the .txt.gz one as is for now, since the main point there is to download,
and I'm assuming most Mutt users will understand at least why those codes
are there, regardless of whether they like them or not.

--
Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/

PGP signature