> Also, does anybody know what `Content-Type: text/plain, charset="utf-7"'
> mean?  I do know UTF-8, but I can only guess what UTF-7 is.  AFAIK both
> Netscape and Internet Explorer support it.  I recently received a couple
> of mails in this encoding (mailer: MS Outlook Express 5.00) and the only
> thing that looked strange was quoting string: `+AD4- '.  Unfortunately,
> mutt does not support it.

Based on responses (or lack thereof) the last two times I brought up
the subject, I am the only other person on mutt-users who has ever
seen UTF-7. ;)

UTF-7 is a 7-bit clean version of unicode.  It is described in
rfc1642.  UTF-8 is the more standard way of handling unicode.  AFAIK,
outlook express is the only program which sends UTF-7, and even then
it seems that only some installs of outlook express do it.

My solution was to find a program called u7tou8 which does conversion
from UTF-7 to UTF-8, which is understood by mutt.  Then I added the
following to my .procmailrc:

:0 f
* ^Content-Type:.*charset="utf-7"
| u7tou8 | formail -i "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=\"utf-8\""

This would of course break things like PGP/MIME signatures, but who's
going to be sending you PGP/MIME from inside of Outlook Express? ;)

I'm having a bit of trouble finding where you can get this conversion
program.  Last time I think I found it by searching through the Linux
Chinese-HOWTO.  Ah, here it is (the HOWTO comes through again):

    ftp://ftp.ifcss.org/pub/software/unix/convert/utf7.tar.gz

Good luck.

Brian