On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 03:52:11PM -0600, Dan Lipofsky wrote:
> I am using mutt-1.0pre3us on Red Hat 6.1 Linux.  When ever I try to
> save a message to a file on a network file system I get
>         fcntl: No locks available (errno = 37)
> If the file does not exist it successfully creates it but leaves it
> length zero.  If I try to save to a file on the local file system it
> works fine.  Can anyone help me out here?

With the help of every here, I did fix the problem.

First I looked on the server, and saw the lockd process was defunct.
We restarted that, but it did not help.  Latter I thought to look on
the client, saw there was no lockd, started it, and that fixed
everything.

While all this was going on, I noticed that I only get this error
message when saving from a normal folder, not when saving from an IMAP
folder.  It failed in both cases, I just did not get notified when
saving from an IMAP folder.  I wonder why that is?  I was saving to a
regular file in both cases.

Thanks,
- Dan