Jeremy --

...and then Jeremy Blosser said...
% David T-G [[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
% > that new mail in new threads arrives and the threads are uncollapsed.
% > At this point, esc-V becomes tricky, since some are collapsed and
% > some aren't.
%
% Well, you can always just esc-V twice.  Mutt seems to hold the value of the
% all-collapsed toggle, so if you get a half-and-half display like that and
% hit esc-V, it switches to all uncollapsed.  Then a second esc-V will

Oh.  OK, then; that sounds cool.

% recollapse them all.  I use the following:
%
% macro index \cv "<esc>V<esc>V"

So you use ctrl-v to force a collapse of all, then?

%
% as well as
%
% folder-hook . "push <esc>V"
%
% to start out with everything collapsed.

Oh; that's a good idea.  Thanks!

%
% On a somewhat related, somewhat offtopic note... I've had trouble getting
% esc-v or esc-V or any other esc key combo to work since I started running
% Mutt in screen.  Anyone know anything about this?  I don't seem to get this
% problem with other apps in screen.

I've run screen (currently 3.09.04) forever on many platforms, including
with mutt using the SuSE 6.1 package.  I haven't seen any behavior like
that and can esc-V quite happily.

<plug>
    Ain't screen great?  8 windows, 5 mutts, and if the kiddo
    wakes up from her nap or the stupid phone company loses my
    connection I just don't care! :-)
</plug>

%
% --
% Jeremy Blosser   |   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   |   http://jblosser.firinn.org/
% "If Microsoft can change and compete on quality, I've won." -- L. Torvalds

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature