Hello Peter!

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Peter Dominguez wrote:

> I received an e-mail message with an attachment of
>
> How can I get mutt to decode this?

Here it will work with the lines in $HOME/.mutt/.mailcap

        application/x-gzip; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput
        application/x-gunzip; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput

and a line in $HOME/.mutt/.mime.types

        application/octet-stream            bin

furthermore an entry in my $HOME/.mutt/.muttrc

        auto_view application/octet-stream

and the shellscript by David A. Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

# octet.filter - Octet filter for use with the mutt autoview facility

bye - Wilhelm

--
==========>>>>>   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  <<<<<===========
"And since you are the future keepers of everything, including music, we
 hope you will keep it well, with love, and in joy." (Frederick Fennell)