Timothy Ball <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 06 Jan 2000:
> Is there a way to give vim a single keystroke to at once both save and
> send a letter in mutt?

On the theoretical level, Mutt can't get any information back from the
editor beyond the exit code and the contents of the saved file, so there
is no way from the editor to send back information about what action
should be done next (unless exit codes are used for this, which might
get messy and most editors don't allow to change the exit codes anyway).
Like Michael posted, you can make Mutt send the email automatically
after exiting the editor, but I doubt that's what you want -- in that
case the only "cancel" method would be to remove all the recipients
while still within the editor, and only if you have the headers
included.

I personally just bind space to the <send-message> function, it makes
sending easier, sometimes to the point that I accidentally press space
while still planning to do some more editing to the message in the
compose menu.

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /