Chris --

...and then Chris Green said...
% On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 06:33:22AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
% >
% > Maybe a macro to change your $folder setting based on where you want to
% > save something or what folders you want to browse...
%
% What I have in the .muttrc I use when working with the IMAP server
% is:-
%
% set folder={mailandnews.co.uk}

Gotcha.  And that makes sense.

%
% This means it's *very* difficult to do anything with the local folders
% at the same time.  OK, so I could change the 'set folder=' to a local
% directory but then I lose the ability to navigate the IMAP folders.

Right.  And I've seen you go through that already :-)

%
% I need to be able to navigate the remote IMAP folders to find a
% message and then save to a local folder, this is well nigh impossible

I was thinking that you could find your message as you usually do, say
"Hmmm, time to save that one locally", and execute your macro to change
your folder.  You probably wouldn't even have to exit the pager to do it;
just press \Cfl to change your folder to local, save (maybe even make the
save keypress part of the macro), and then \Cfi to change your folder
back to imap.

% if the local folder is anywhere except in the 'current' directory
% level.
%
% Executing a "set folder=xxxx" while in mutt seems to do nothing at
% all.

Of course, if this is true (I mean, if the behavior is meant to be this
way or it is for some reason stuck this way at your site; I don't doubt
what you say), then it sorta knocks the whole idea out of kilter, no? :-(

%
% --
% Chris Green ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
%   Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
%   WWW: http://www.isbd.co.uk/

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature