Hello list,

I've been using mutt for a few weeks and really like it. Thanks
also to the list for introducting me to vim. (you can tell I'm a
newbie).

Here's my problem: When adding attachments and/or switching
mailboxes, I'm trying to use my usual setup of environment
variables to switch directories.

For example, I composed a message and want to add an attachment. I
type 'a?' to bring up the attachment directory listing. I then type
'c' to change the directory.  Then ctrl-u to clear the line, and
then '$wd' to switch to my "work-docs" directory.

But it always says :

        $wd: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

I've looked in the manual but can't find this. The environment
variables work fine in the c-shell.

Sorry if this is too basic.

Thanks,
Seraphim

Seraphim Larsen   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    408.433.4260
LSI Logic Corp    ASIC TechPubs   Milpitas, CA