Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Thu, 10 Feb 2000:
> save-hook "~C 'nanog@(nanog\.org|merit\.edu)'" +nanog
>
> (BTW it's easy to get lost in various ways of quoting.  I'm not sure if
> `\.' shouldn't be replaced to `\\.' in this case.

It probably should; but if you switch the ' and " quotes around ('
outside, " inside) then you'd need only one \ before the dot.

> A couple of my save-hooks look like this:
>
>   save-hook '~C "\\<foo@bar"' +foo

Interesting, okay, maybe what I said above isn't correct.  I would think
that having '-quotes means any \'s are unparsed, except if they appear
before a '-quote character.

Incidentally, couldn't you just use ^foo@bar?  I'm not sure but I think
that matches are done separately against the full recipient strings and
also the addresses alone.  At least the above seems to work for me, with
limits.

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /