Eric Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> | > ~N and ~l is bold yellow
> | > ~l only is yellow
>
> I tried and still now try to put those two conditions into a single
> color index command, I get:  Error in /home/eric/.muttrc, line 343:
> too many arguments

This is the syntax you're probably looking for:

    color  index        yellow  default  '~l'
    color  index  brightyellow  default  '~N ~l'

I ran into a problem while testing this.  If I put these statements in
the opposite order, all list messages come out yellow, even if they are
new.  The reason must be that all color-index commands are scanned for
matches, and a new, list message matches BOTH patterns, and the later
one applies.  So put the more specific pattern last, and it now works
the way you want it to.

Also, the pattern needs to be quoted if it has more than one element.
Actually, quoting patterns seems to be always a good idea in .muttrc.

--
David DeSimone   | "The doctrine of human equality reposes on this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  that there is no man really clever who has not