Hi all,

lately I tried to write a send-hook like this :

[from ~/.muttrc]
send-hook '.*' '`generate_new_signature.pl`'

It calls 'generate_new_signature.pl', which overwrite
~/.signature so I have a new signature every time a send a new
mail (I allready realized that send-hook gets exectued at least
two timeswhen sending a mail, but thats no problem since those
signatures are randomly choosen from a set of files anyway).

But mutt than complains about ": <unkown command>", because it
expects that stdout from generate_new_signature.pl generates a
valid mutt command. I now set the outout to "set sort=threads"
because its my default sort option I have everywhere, but I would
like to know how to execute a command without haveing to fidle
with the stdout.

Thanks for your time !

kind regards,
        Markus