On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 02:33:06AM +0000, J McKitrick wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 04:50:40PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:

> > Navigate using upper-case letters 'J' and 'K'.
>
> Navigating isn't the problem, it's when i want to go to a message i
> just deleted.  Is there any way besides typing the message number?  It
> seems J and K only go to non-deleted messages.

That's odd.  I'm using "Mutt 1.0pre4us" and it has the following key
bindings (from the Index help):

    J           next-entry             move to the next entry
    K           previous-entry         move to the previous entry

    j           next-undeleted         move to the next undeleted message
    k           previous-undeleted     move to the last undelete message

So while 'j' and 'k' go to only undeleted messages, 'J' and 'K' allow me
to go to the deleted messages as well.  Maybe your 'J' and 'K' keys got
bound somehow to "next-undeleted" and "previous-undeleted".  Typing '?'
will display the current bindings.  If you want to set the 'J' and 'K'
bindings to their "normal" values, put the following in your ~/.muttrc:

    bind index J next-entry
    bind index K previous-entry

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         | RF Communications Product Generation Unit