Hi there...
I'm new to Mutt (and yes, I'm using Pine to send this; I'm won't be using
Mutt fully until I get this figured out! :) ), and I'm having trouble with
one particular area: using multiple email addresses.

Here's what I have so far:
In my .muttrc, I have (among other things) the following:

set nouse_domain                                # 'cause I'm on a dialup
my_hdr From: James F. Kubecki <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> # Default email
set alternates=((james|linux)@kubecki.com|[EMAIL PROTECTED])
set reverse_name=yes

So here are my questions:
1.      When I receive email at [EMAIL PROTECTED], and reply to it, I get
a "From" header of [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Why?  How can I change this?  My
understanding of the reverse_name is that it will figure out which email
the message was TO, and reply appropriately.  Am I mistaken?

2.      When I compose a new email, it of course uses my default my_hdr to
compose it unless I've got a send-hook set up for the recipient.  In Pine,
however, I have my email set up to prompt me (with a default) for which
email should be used for the composition.  With Mutt, if I'm emailing
someone without a send-hook, it will always be the my_hdr From
([EMAIL PROTECTED]).  The only way I can see to email from a different
address without a send-hook would be to turn on edit_headers and manually
change the address, which seems inefficient to me.  How should I handle
this in Mutt?

Thanks in advance!  I hope I can work out these issues because I LOVE the
other features of Mutt!

--
James F. Kubecki
     The Kubecki Family Web Page: http://www.kubecki.com/