On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 12:15:33AM -0500, David T-G wrote:
> Jonathan --
>
> BTW, the real mutt-users address is above.  What is this gbnet thing,
> anyway?

that's where majordomo thinks it lives.  i guess mutt.org
may be an alias to gbnet.org.

> % contain the mbox 'from' line, mutt interprets them as
>
> More specifically, they contain an unescaped '^From ' line (yes, including
> the space) because dtmail likes to use and honor the Content-Length:
> header and not escape the ^From_ headers.  Not a bad idea, as far as I
> can understand it, as long as everyone else uses that convention, too.
> Of course, people (and software) have been escaping ^From_ headers since
> the computer equivalent of THE BEGINNING OF TIME, but, hey, maybe it's
> time for a change.  Yeah, right.
>
> Well, I recall that there is a flag in dtmail that lets you turn off this
> silly behavior (no doubt stated as "crippling" dtmail, but that's their
> opinion), so if these are your messages, you're fine.  Other than that,
> formail is probably your best bet aside from a perl script to go thru
> and change ^From_ to ^>From_ when not in *real* headers.

can't find the flag (not that i looked far), but i fixed it
with a sed script in my .forward, before siphoning off to
mailboxes.

thanks for the tip.

> % separate emails, and they appear in my inbox rather than as
> % attachments to the original mail.
>
> Yep.
>

> %
> % any idea how to stop this from happening?
>
> Well, you could always dump any messages from anyone who uses dtmail ;-)

check my email address;-)  sadly, not an option.

cheers

 .sigbot at contact-j @ bast.uk.sun.com for phone/address etc
| ECHELON Fodder | penrep Semtex sweeping ADIU SAPT Ft.      |
|                | Meade                                     |