Dan --

First, your MFT header was set

Of course, there's no danlip on my system (or, I would guess, most others :-)
and you might want to look into that...

...and then Dan Lipofsky said...
% I administer an ezmlm mailing list.  I would like to make answering
% YES to confirm requests easier.  Ezmlm encodes administrative commands

Certainly sounds like a good goal.

% as part of the mail address, and you confirm by replying to a special
% one time email address (placed into the Reply-To: field). I have never
% made a macro before, but this is what I would like it to do
%   * Reply to the Reply-To: address
%   * do NOT pop up the editor
%   * unset Fcc
%   * construct a message with no subject and no body
%   * do not ask me the usual questions about subjectless messages
%   * actually, if it is easier to put in a dummy subject than deal
%     with subjectless messages, that is fine too.  Subject is ignored.
%   * all effects should last just for that message
% Can anyone help me build this macro?  Or tell me something better
% than a macro (hooks?).

Since you want to do so little to the message itself and you have a very
procedural setup for the headers, why not just whip up a script that
grabs the Reply-To: (or, perhaps if not present, the From: or From_)
header value, pastes in any other headers you wish, and hands it off
to a mailer in your favorite form (including changing your persona
if necessary)?  You could then call this script by piping the message
(or messages :-) through it and have no fuss or muss.

If you particularly want to use one of mutt's features (an fcc or some
such, maybe), then you could have your script feed the input over to mutt
as well as telling it to source some specific .muttrc that even unsets the
empty subject prompt (I'm sure that setting is in the manual somewhere)

I use something like this from procmail to add a NoLoop header and then
hand off to qmail (here on my system) just like a mutt 'b'ounce so that
my pager gets a copy of messages; the actual parse and handoff is pretty
trivial, and I even just ported it over to perl (I'm not only a novice,
but a very rusty novice! :-)  You're welcome to a copy (in perl or sh) if
you're interested...

% Thanks,
% Dan

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature