Chris Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 16 May 2000:
> I have found out why I was having problems with folder-hook.  I was
> confused by the name, I was expecting a *folder*-hook to act when
> entering a folder (well that's not too unreasonable is it?) but, as a
> closer reading of the manual reveals, it only acts when entering a
> mailbox.

Well, I consider that as acting when "entering a folder".  It executes
when Mutt is *opening* a folder, not before.

> What I was looking for was a way to change the browser format when
> I'll have to roll the change of $folder_format variable into my macros
> for switching from local to IMAP and back, they're going to be big
> macros!

Why don't you just do "source .mutt/to-imap" and "source .mutt/to-local"
or something in the macros?  Keep them simple and put all the code in
the separate files...  That way you can also edit the files and don't
need to resource your .muttrc everytime. :-)

Mikko
--
// Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
// The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /