On Wed, May 17, 2000 at 06:27:03PM +0300, Mikko Hänninen muttered:
-> Charles Curley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Tue, 16 May 2000:
-> > I am testing by going into the appropriate folder, then starting a new
-> > email with "m". If I provide the appropriate address for the send hook, it
-> > works. If I provide a different address, the defaults are invoked. This is
-> > true even when I comment out my send hooks.
->
-> I still think it might be because the send-hooks are overriding the
-> settings in the folder-hook(s).  The send-hook stuff is executed every
-> time you beging a new email, so if you have a default send-hook (very
-> likely) that gets executed every time.  If it sets any of the same
-> things that you set with a folder-hook when entering that folder, those
-> settings will be overridden.

This turns out to be correct. I carefully commented out only the default
send hooks, and then use an email address that would not trigger any of
the custom ones. I got my folder hook to work.

Either I previously observed my tests incorrectly (quite possible after
many interations), or something else prevented the folder hooks from
working. Previously I did comment out all of my send hooks, not just the
default ones, and restarted mutt.

This may be a problem. I would like to use both send-hooks and folder
hooks. I will explore further.

->
-> You say that this happens even when you comment out the send-hooks, but
-> did you *restart* Mutt after that?  Even if you comment the lines out
-> from your .muttrc and do ":source .muttrc" then send-hooks will remain,
-> you need to restart Mutt to do a full reset.
-> (Or, I suppose you could use the clear-hooks command to clear all
-> send-hooks, but restart is a sure way...)

I have been restarting mutt.

->
->
-> Regards,
-> Mikko
-> --
-> // Mikko Hänninen, aka. Wizzu  //  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  http://www.iki.fi/wiz/
-> // The Corrs list maintainer  //   net.freak  //   DALnet IRC operator /
-> // Interests: roleplaying, Linux, the Net, fantasy & scifi, the Corrs /
-> "The last good thing written in C was Franz Schubert's Symphony #9."

Not the Concerto for Line Printer and Orchestra, by Franz List?

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley