Dave (Grizz) Glaser proclaimed on mutt-users that:

>I am trying to send a file to a friend with an attachment.
>I have IMAP enabled with folder set to {imapserver}Mail.
>when I try to attach the file, I get the error "unable to attach {imapserver}attach.
>I know it isn't much to go on, but anyone got ideas on what is wrong?

More than enough to go on :)  Mutt is trying to search for the attached
file on your IMAP server.  Try giving the explicit path of the file, and
rely on tab to autocomplete long unix paths -

File to attach: ~/foo/bar/baz/quux/attachment.html

[It worked when I was reading my mails from a M$ sexchange folder through
IMAP (which sexchange implements badly) not so long ago, till I could
convince my sysad to shift my mailbox to the sun box]

hth
-s

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
Do molecular biologists wear designer genes?