Okay.. I've searched the mailing list archives for this, but it seems that
I'm the only person trying to do exactly this, and I can't seem to make
mutt do it.  Perhaps some of you out there can help.

Basically, I want to change my From: header under certain conditions.
These conditions are:
(1) Replying to a message sent to one of my mail aliases.  That is, if
    someone mails me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I hit 'reply', I
    want that to be my from address.  I can accomplish this with
    reverse_name, but keep reading because this all ties together.
(2) I'm _replying_ to mail that was sent to a mailing list.  This is the
    tough case -- the To: field is some other random address, and the list
    isn't mentioned in the headers (note that I'm not list-replying or
    group-replying).  So far I haven't figured out how to do this.

I guess what I'm basically looking for is a reply-hook.  Something that I
can use to change things based on the message I'm replying to.  Does
anything like that exist?  Would it be possible to get it added as a
feature?  With that feature, both problems are pretty trivial, and more
flexibility is introduced -- reverse_name forces you to use the To: address
on the message you're replying to (as determined by your alternates
variable), and it would be nice to be able to hook on that and then
determine what address to use (possibly another one).

Also imagine the situation where you're changing e-mail addresses.  I'd
like to have a small blurb attached to the bottom of any reply I send to
a message that was sent to my old address -- the blurb would give my new
one.  As far as I can tell, this can't be done right now.  Tho I'd like to
be wrong... anyone have any ideas?

Matt Dharm

--
Matthew Dharm                              Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Engineer, QCP Inc.                            Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]