On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 09:49:03 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Of course, this gain of speed comes at the cost of
> minimized reliability.  You don't want to do dotlocking
> via NFS.

I thought it was reliable. I've been using the dotlock method (only)
for years and AFAIK, I've never had any mailbox corruption when it
was enabled.

Otherwise isn't there an asymmetric locking mechanism, that would be
very fast on one side (e.g. my local machine) and could be slower on
the other side (the mail server)?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des