Corey --

...and then Corey G. said...
% On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 07:36:06AM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
% > > >> By the way, where are you finding netiquette rules for email?  I am
% > > >http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1855.html .)  As with most RFCs, this is
% > You're exactly right though. Writing an e-mail message does *not* negate
% > all the "rules" !
%
% You guys just will not give up until I follow the rules.  I like
% persistence and therefore will try to follow the RFC.

Hey, cool.  Yes, that will make lots of folks happy.  This really boils
down to an age-old religious war :-)

%
% Everyone should be happy now.

Um...  Well, if you *really* want to make everyone happy, you can be a
bit more agressive in your trimming; there was a gawdawful lot up there
even though you only needed to directly reference the most recent part.

I think that a common misconception (IMHO) these days is that the entire
past history of the email thread has to be included just in case someone
new gets added and needs to catch up.  I figure that anyone new can
either pick up on the background or get bounced copies of the original
mail instead of sending this vastly- and quickly-growing note around.
But that's just *my* opinion :-)

%
% >
% > Regards,
% > Hall
% >
% ---end quoted text---

Another thing that might make mutt-mail more convenient for you is that
you don't need to include such a marker; when you run out of quoting
prefixes ('>' chars or, in my case, '% ' chars, for example), then you've
run out of quoted text.

%
% --
% Best Regards,
% Corey

HTH & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature