On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 08:01:25AM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 01:38:40PM +0200, clemensF wrote:
>
> > could this have to do more with X than slang/curses?  i've never had any
> > problems using either, and i don't run X.  i'd be interested in the
> > environment in general.  as i said, no probs with either slang or curses on
> > freebsd 2.8.8 without X.
>
> perhaps it's the terminal description (XFree86 xterm by default sends the
> vt100-style F1 code rather than the bogus-vt220 F1 code).
>
> infocmp:
>       kf1: '\E[11~', '\EOP'.
>
> (that's configurable of course)

I'm on SGI IRIX 6.5 ,  X is possibly Release 6.3 (from the X man page)

I run mutt in color_xterm
    % color_xterm -version    ==>
        UGCS color xterm ver. 6.1 beta 3
(However i have set TERM to xterm because color_xterm is not
recognised by our terminfo)

When i do infocmp i only get
        kf1=\EOP, ...
    (not kf1: '\E[11~', '\EOP' as above)
However the <F1> has the raw code <esc>[11~ as expected.
(obtained via a Ctrl-v<F1>)

Don't forget that this is the same whether i run mutt_curses or
mutt_slang as i indicated in my original reply...  (this is why i
was first suspicious of a dud inclusion of slcurses.h ...?)

Gerry.

--
Disclaimer:  These are my opinions, not those of my employer
Gerald K. Embery ;                          e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]