Mikko, et al --

...and then Mikko Hänninen said...
% David T-G <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 31 May 2000:
% > Hi, guys --
%
% Hi David!

Good late-morning to you :-)  I figured someone would be awake and able
to answer this question!

%
% > an embedded URL, Ctrl-B properly brings me to a list of them, but going
% > to one and hitting return does nothing.  Um, what do I do?  The urlview
% > documentation is surprisingly, well, sparse :-)
%
% Okay, here's how it works.
%
% urlview looks in your home dir for a .urlview file.  In this file, you
% specify a regular expression for detecting URLs (looks like that part is
% working) and a command to run when you select a URL.  The command gets
% the URL as the first argument.

Ahhh...  Don't got one of those.  Care to send me one?

Oh, no; wait.  Found the sample in the tarball, dropped a copy in my
home dir, and changed the netscape command to lynx to get it working, and
it did.  So I should say "Care to send me a really cool one?" instead :-)

Is there a global .urlview location (/etc/Urlview or some such, or perhaps
specified in the global Muttrc file?) so that each user doesn't have to
go through this?

%
% So, sounds like the regular expression has been set up correctly but the
% URL displayer program doesn't work.  If you have a program set up
% (urh_handler.sh is the default, but it's a shell script and you could
% substitute your own), you can easily test it by just running
% "url_handler.sh <any URL>" on the command line, and see what happens.
% And go from there...

Interestingly enough, this all works without a copy of url_handler.sh
as far as I can see; in light of some debugging I had in my old copy,
I renamed it out of the way, and there was no url_handler.sh dropped
off in /usr/local/bin with the urlview binary.  I'm sure that having
one would be cool thanks to the various ncftp mods I've seen going by,
but it apparently isn't necessary (and, yet, .urlview *is*, and that only
for actually firing off the browser since I was getting a list of URLs).

%
%
% Regards,
% Mikko
% --
% 145 = 1! + 4! + 5!

Wow...  That is *really* cool!

:-D
--
David T-G                       * It's easier to fight for one's principles
(play) [EMAIL PROTECTED]      * than to live up to them. -- fortune cookie

PGP signature